Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Low Sec Forgetten? I think not!!!

Welcome to the twenty-first installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to crazykinux@gmail.com. Check for other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

This month topic comes to us from @ZoneGhost who a few month ago asked "Is Low Sec the forgotten part of EVE Online?" Is it? I'd like us to explore this even further. Is Low Sec being treated differently by CCP Games than Null Sec (Zero-Zero) or Empire space is? Can one successfully make a living in these unsecured systems where neither Alliance nor Concord roam to enforce their laws? What's needed? Or is everything fine as it is?

Lowsec is forgetten? Certainly not, it's just a place that everyone avoids. Too bad really, because lowsec is a really interesting place. Where else can you say you are truly living by your own wit? In High Sec, you have concord to help keep you safe. Sure you can still get killed, but concord makes killing you less desireable. Null sec is the very same situation, the only difference being CONCORD is a player entity with your corp's or alliance's name attached instead.

Want to learn how to be productive in low sec? I mean really productive, not just burning through case with a pirate, and making money with an alt to support your pirate habit. I mean do you want to learn to be productive and safe in the face of danger? Then run over to http://lowsec.org/, where the United Trade Syndicate (the low sec industrial and trade alliance), is publishing the information YOU need to operate safely and productively in Low Sec.

3 comments:

Jade said...

Oh nice site concept! Joomla's a great choice too btw! I've used it for my gaming clans over the years.

Looking forward to following some of your content as you expand it.

Lex Starwalker said...

Hello Escoce! I've started following your blog, and I really enjoy it. I first came here after hearing your interview on the Lost in EVE podcast. Great job! I've already recommended your Orca fit to some people in my corp.

I began a blog myself a little while ago called EVE A to Z. It's focused on helping the new EVE player. I put a link to your blog in my "Blogs I Follow" gadget. I hope that's alright. Maybe you'd like to return the favor if you find my blog to be of high quality. You can find it at http://eveatoz.blogspot.com

Cheers!

Lex

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.