Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm sorry...

Ok first off this post is meant to help, honest. It is advice, but it's going to sound bitchy well cause it is a little.

People, quit saying you are sorry for not posting in x days or x weeks. No one cares. You aren't helping your image by starting every 1st, 2nd or 3rd post with "sorry". One of the more amusing facts is that it is those people who don't post often that say sorry most often. Don't be sorry, that's just how often you post. If you keep saying sorry, you really begin to sound like you didn't want to blog anyway but felt obligated. Just post and say what you want, and be done. If you and me and the rest of us are lucky well hear from you again soon. If not it's no big deal...honest.

Saying sorry all the time is a negative connotation and you are literally pointing out the problem for all to see. Ex. Sorry my resume is wrinkled. Sorry I am late, sorry I ate the last piece of salami, sorry i look like shit, sorry all i have is cheap ass wine and only a rusty corkscrew to open it, sorry genie I can't wish you free.

For all that is holy and unholy, please stop saying you are sorry.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone, so deal with any mispelling, grammatical errors or strangly out of place words caused by mis-autocorrection.

3 comments:

Mdih Lihu said...

Sadly I know the type of post you're talking about. By following the blogroll I have to skip through quite a lot of those kinds of posts.

As soon as I see the telltale "Sorry I haven't posted in ages X happened" I automatically click the next blog in the list, assuming that there is no substance to the post its just one of those quick updates.

Most people probably aren't going to notice a big gap in posting unless its extremely uncharacteristic of the blog in question and they're a big fan.

Davikson said...

Unfortunately in many cases people get in such a habit of being self deprecating to protect themselves it becomes second nature. I know if you are not properly contrite on the forums you will get flamed. Especially if you link to your much neglected blog!

Casiella Truza said...

I'm sorry it took me so long to comment on this post, but I've been really busy lately. I promise I'll start commenting more often, though, really!


:P